by Max Liew
SEO is the short form for “Search engine optimization”. SEO is a long-term marketing strategy employed in order to improve a website's visibility and organic search results in google and other global search engines.
When applied correctly SEO can be an extremely effective tool to grow any online business by driving targeted traffic that converts into paying customers.
There are many different methods and strategies that can be used in order to improve a website's SEO, but it is important to note that not all of them are effective, or even safe. The most important thing when it comes to SEO is understanding how it works and what needs to be done in order to avoid any penalties from search engines.
1. Research Keywords
To start, you need to research which keywords to target. This can be done by using Google’s Keyword Planner, which is a free tool that allows you to research keywords and get data on monthly search volume and average cost-per-click (CPC).
Once you have a list of potential keywords, you need to decide which ones to actually target. The best way to do this is by looking at both the monthly search volume and CPC. If a keyword has a decent search volume (around or more than 100) and a relatively low CPC, it's worth going after.
If the CPC is too high, you won't be able to make a profit unless your conversion rate is very high. You also need to pick keywords that are relevant to your business.
Use long tail keyword phrases. Long tail keywords are the most specific and best to target because they have less competition and higher conversion rates. So you should use long tail keyword phrases that include your primary keyword, plus a modifier (for example: “dog food” vs “dog food brand”).
2. Use keywords throughout your site
Use keywords in your content – by including them in your website copy, you'll be more likely to rank for those terms. Just make sure not to stuff your content with too many keywords, as this can actually hurt your SEO.
Put keywords in your title tags. Your web page's title tag is the most important on-page SEO element because search engines use it as the main description of your page.
Include keywords in your meta descriptions. The meta description is the snippet of text that shows up in search results next to your link. The meta description should be about 70 characters (or less) and should include a call to action so that people click through to your site.
The most important part is to use keywords to create compelling content to attract visitors. It can be a product description, a tutorial on how to use your product, or creating content on your niche. You also can use all these keywords to write a blog frequently, it will increase the conversion rate.
3. Optimize your website for mobile.
As more and more people are using their phones and other mobile devices to search the web, it’s important that your website is optimized for these users.
Mobile-friendly websites load quickly and are easy to use on a smaller screen. Here are a few tips to make sure your site is ready for mobile searchers:
– Make sure your site is responsive, meaning it will adjust to fit any screen size. – Use large, easy-to-read font sizes. – Keep your content concise and to the point. Mobile users are often looking for quick answers and don’t want to wade through long paragraphs of text. – Use images and videos wisely, as they can help break up text and make your content more visually appealing. Just be sure to optimize them for fast loading times. – Make sure your site has a mobile-friendly navigation bar with links to all of the major pages on your site. If you have a large menu, consider using drop-down menus instead. This will allow users to quickly access the info they need without having to scroll through lengthy navigation options.
If you are not good at coding, don't worry, use WordPress. Just download and install on your web server, select responsive theme, and now your website was mobile friendly.
4. Improve site speed
One of the most important aspects of SEO is site speed. A fast website will keep users engaged and reduce bounce rates. There are a few simple ways to improve site speed:
1. Use a content delivery network (CDN). A CDN stores copies of your website’s files in multiple locations around the world. When a user visits your site, the CDN will serve the files from the location that is closest to them, which reduces latency and improves loading times.
2. Optimize images. Images can often be large files that take time to load. By optimizing images for the web, you can reduce file sizes without sacrificing quality. There are many free online tools that can help you with this, such as TinyPNG or ImageOptim.
3. Minimize HTTP requests. When a user visits your page, the browser will make several requests to load all of the files needed to display it. Increasingly, browsers are able to make multiple requests at once, which reduces latency and loading times.
5. Get quality backlinks
Much like any good relationship, quality is more important than quantity when it comes to backlinks. In the world of SEO, a backlink is any link that points from one website to another.
Search engines use backlinks as a way to gauge the quality and relevancy of a site. The more high-quality backlinks a site has, the more likely it is to rank highly in search engine results pages (SERPs).
There are a few ways to get quality backlinks. One is to create great content that other people will want to link to. This could be anything from an informative blog post or article to an infographic or video.
Another way is to reach out to other websites in your industry and ask if they would be interested in linking to your content. You can also submit your site to directories and industry-specific lists.
6. Publish fresh content regularly
If you want to improve your SEO, one of the best things you can do is publish fresh content regularly. This will help your site to rank higher in search engine results pages (SERPs), and it will also give your visitors something new to read.
There are a few things to keep in mind when publishing fresh content: Make sure that your content is well-written and informative and use keyword-rich titles and descriptions to help your articles get found by searchers.
In addition, link to your new content from other pages on your site, and promote it through social media channels.
By following these tips, you’ll be able to get more eyes on your content – and that can only mean good things for your SEO.
7. Image Alt Text
If you want your website to rank higher in search engine results pages, adding image alt text is a great way to improve your SEO. Here are some tips to help you get started:
1. Use keywords in your image alt text. This will help your images show up when people are searching for those keywords.
2. Make sure the text is relevant to the image. It should describe what is happening in the image, or what the image is of.
3. Keep it short and sweet. Image alt text should be brief so that visitors can quickly get an idea of what the image is about.
4. Use different alt text for different images. Don't just use the same few words over and over again – mix them up to keep things interesting!
8. Organize Content with Headings (H1 to H6)
Headings are one of the most important elements of SEO. They help search engines understand the hierarchy of your content and make it easier for readers to find what they're looking for.
There are six levels of headings, from H1 (the most important) to H6 (the least important). Your title should be an H1, and you should use headings throughout your article to break up your content and make it easier to read.
Headings are also a great way to include keywords in your content without making it sound repetitive or like you're stuffing keywords into your article. By including relevant keywords in your headings, you can help improve your article's SEO.
9. Guest Post
If you want to improve your SEO, one of the best things you can do is write guest posts for other blogs in your industry. Not only will this help you build up your own authority and reputation, but it will also give you the chance to link back to your own website or blog in your author bio.
When writing a guest post, make sure that you:
Choose a relevant and high-quality blog to guest post on. Write an interesting and well-written article that will engage the readers of the blog. Include a link back to your website or blog in your author bio so that people can find out more about you and what you do. Make it easy for your readers to share your article by adding a short, catchy headline and encouraging comments. And finally, don’t forget to leave a comment on the post you’ve written.
10. Internal Link
Search engines use links to your website to discover new pages and understand how those pages are related. By adding internal links, you can help search engines find and index additional content on your site while also helping visitors navigate your site more easily. Here are few tips to improve your internal linking:
1. Use keyword-rich anchor text. When adding links, be sure to use anchor text that includes the target keywords for the page you're linking to. This will help both search engines and visitors understand what that page is about.
2. Link early and often. Add links to new pages as soon as they're published, and be sure to include links in any existing content that's relevant. The more links there are to a page, the more likely it is to be found by both search engines and visitors.
3. Create a logical link structure. Use a variety of internal links to connect related pages. If you have multiple products, link to them from your home page. Also, be sure that the structure of your site makes sense to visitors and can help them navigate more easily.
4. Avoid landmines. Don't use dynamic URLs in your anchor text. Dynamic URLs are those that contain the current date and time or a session identifier, such as “/sessionid/”. For example, a URL might look like this: /mypage.asp?
Finally: Monitor your SEO progress
SEO can be a complex and time-consuming process, but it is important to monitor your progress to ensure that your efforts are paying off. Here are eight tips to help you track your SEO progress and improve your ranking:
1. Use Google Analytics to track your website traffic. This will give you an idea of how many people are visiting your site and how they are finding you.
2. Check your position in search engine results pages (SERPs). This will show you how well your site is ranking for specific keywords.
3. Use webmaster tools to get insights into your website's performance. Google Webmaster Tools can give you information about how often your site is being crawled by search engines and whether there are any errors that need to be fixed.
4. Keep an eye on your competition. This will let you know what your competitors are doing, how well they are doing it, and how to improve your performance.
SEO is important for any business that wants to be visible online. By following the tips in this article, you can improve your SEO and make sure your site is visible to potential customers.
SEO is especially important for small businesses, that may not have the budget for paid advertising. By improving their SEO, they can make sure their site appears higher in search results, and attract more potential customers.
Finally, it’s important to remember that SEO is an ongoing process. You can’t just do it once and be done – you need to keep working at it to maintain or improve your ranking. But if you keep at it, you can see real results that will help your business grow.
Hope you found something helpful in this article, if you like this article, please share it with other readers too, I'd much appreciate it. If you have any questions about SEO, please leave me a comment. Thank you for reading.
For more great SEO Videos on Youtiube , You can check out Dark Marketing – Make Money Online SEO Backlinking channel.