Both Synthetic and wooden flooring surfaces are widely used for Badminton courts or as multi-sports courts in schools, colleges and community sports centers. The synthetic sports flooring's come in a variety of bright color combinations, logos and markings to produce an impressive and inviting appearance of a sports facility.
However, frequent use of the sports surface flooring causes accumulation of scuff marks and dirt on the surface from the shoes worn by the athletes. The accumulated dirt and scuff marks make the floor look dull, dirty and worn out, which necessitates regular cleaning and maintenance to retain its shine and safety.
Given below some tips about how to clean and maintain the synthetic Badminton court flooring for long and repeated uses.
Daily maintenance do's and don'ts:
• Check and remove sticky substances such as tapes, chewing gum, etc. Be careful and gentle while scraping the surface.
• Use a microfiber dust mop, specially designed for indoor sports surface floorings, to clean the entire surface. Avoid using commercial mop heads because they leave residues on the floor. Make sure, you are using the right moping surface meant for your surface- wooden or synthetic.
• Avoid using ammonia-based cleaners or full strength strippers. Use only the floor cleaner as suggested by the manufacturer to clean the surface.
• You can use an auto-scrubber with the recommended floor cleaning solution to clean the synthetic surface. But never use the auto-scrubber on a wooden surface. If you are using battery operated auto-scrubber charge the battery well before use to avoid acid leaks
• In buildings where air-conditioning is not available use circulating or ventilating fans.
• To clean the floor before an important tournament or event, use clean spirit / thinner/ white vinegar and mop the floor in one direction to regain the shine.
• Restrict using street shoes in the court. No leather shoes or sandals should be allowed on the flooring. Only sneakers with white soles should be allowed.
Maintenance tips for wooden floors
o Power sanding should be done every 2-3 years interval. It removes minor undulations, resulted from the repeated use and restore coarseness needed for good grip. Also it gains a fresh look.
o Use antiskid surface coating time to time to enhance foot-grip for the players.
o Damaged planks must be replaced immediately to retain the healthy playing conditions.
o Scrape off the old paint near the badminton net poles and apply fresh paint. Give an overall fresh look to your badminton court flooring with a periodic repaint of your existing net poles.
o It is important to keep the sports surface clean. This can be done using hand pads with eco- friendly wooden floor cleaning liquid to remove dirty and rigid gum.
It is highly imperative to have clearly visible court line markings to help players take correct judgments in a fraction of a moment during the game. The bright marking lines also improve the overall look of the court.
Nick Patel is freelance enthusiast and ingenious writer who enjoys the challenges of creativity attention to detail. In free time I like to write stories and Articles.
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Nick_A_Patel/1975836